Saturday, August 12, 2006

Socks, Blankets, and More - Oh My!

Now that Hannah's birthday has come and gone,
I can safely post information about her fabulous present. I decided to combine my first sock project with my first cabling project (you know, for efficiency and because I'm crazy), and discovered this great, free pattern online. I'm a terrible person. . . I can't find the web address right now! Give me time, people! Anyhow, long story short, they came out great!
Pattern:Somewhere on the internet. . .
Yarn:Cascade 220 (100% wool) in Celery Heathers
Needles:Sizes 3 and 5 dpns
Time:Less than three weeks. . . Jen, do you remember?
A Gift For:Hannah, my little sister

I've also finished the second of Oni's baby blankets (shh, it's a secret!), in reverse rainbow colors. Admire it below:


What's on the plate now? My mom's holiday gift, which is ridiculously complicated, along with a whole slew of other projects. The best part about my job is that I think I might actually be able to get *most* of these gifts made in time! Luckily for me, I've also got Tempe Yarn & Fiber to keep me on track and stitching along after I've gotten home.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! Awesome job on the socks!

Celeste said...

Thanks, Sue! I'm back onto knitting with a vengeance!!!

J.Reilly said...

Awesome pictures! I can't remember when you started the socks but I think between 2 and 3 weeks to finish em? You were zooming! Did you really finish your shrug?! I have to see it!
;-)

Anonymous said...

Knitting with a vengeance? Sounds like a great title for a mystery novel... Love Mombo