Sunday, March 02, 2008

Projects, Projects, Projects! (image heavy)

It's definitely official now. . . the grad school project bonanza is in full swing! In keeping with my tradition of crafting up a storm to deal with school stress, I currently have 10 WIPs, and many lovely finished things to show you!

First up is Jaime's 30th birthday afghan. Working almost every day for about three weeks, I was able to finish this one a full five days before the celebration -- a record for me! The pattern is called Trip Around the World, from 50 Sensational Crochet Afghans and Throws.




Next is a baby gift for one of Mom's co-art teachers. This is E. Zimmermann's February Baby Sweater! Love it!!! The yarn is Zitron Ecco, and I used just about 1 1/2 skeins on a size 7 needle.


I sent Hannah arm warmers for Valentine's Day, also from Zitron Ecco, and these babies used less than 1 skein. Fantastic! I modified the pattern to be entirely cabled . . . no pesky ribbing!


On to the WIPs. . . beginning with Barbara Prime's Easter Bunny. Too cute! This little guy is knit from Berroco Comfort, using worsted for his body and dk for the clothing. A pleasure to knit, and surprisingly fast!


Next, a clapotis. You knew it had to happen sooner or later! This one is for Jen's shop, a sample per her request. Yay for sparkley yarn! This is Blue Heron's rayon-metallic blend.


Last, but certainly not least, is a wonderfully warm, squishy-soft scarf I'm crocheting as a pattern tester for my new friend Allison. I'm working it in Encore chunky weight, and I looooooooove it!


See? I'm coping just fine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love your choice of colors---so deep and beautiful. It's such a nice break from all the lilacs you usually find for babies.