Thursday, March 02, 2006

Project Update and New Blog Button!

Major thanks to Mary Anne at Crochetville for her awesome talent and creative impulse to make me a new blog button! How super cute is that?!

Melissa's bag is coming right along, but I did hit one small bump in the road. . . my hook literally snapped in half last night while finishing a round! See? I'm hoping to get out sometime tomorrow to buy a replacement, but that's going to depend on whether Midas can get my car window working again!

The Booga Bag is also progressing along. I'm really enjoying knitting in the round (again!!!), and can't imagine purling anymore! It should be finished over the weekend, and I'll felt it sometime during spring break.

Finally. . . ANOTHER aran tote! This one is for my mom, and I'm excited to be using Paton's Merino Wool instead of Caron acrylic this time around. It's just slightly thinner, but a whole lot softer on the hands! The color is an absolutely gorgeous peacock blue, and I'm trying to resist the temptation to felt it into a teenie-tiny Barbie bag!

Just for fun. . . a photo of our new Mexican-themed porch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I haven't had a hook snap on my yet!
As usual, everything looks lovely! I love the colors of the booda bag and the peacock blue tote. You mom will love it!

Melissa H. said...

Your poor hook!!! What size was it so I can send you a couple more? :D

I can't wait to see what you're cooking up for me!! I don't mind a smaller bag than the last one--I absolutely love your designs!

I wore my City Girl Cap (shaded denim) yesterday when we took the kids to the park, and one of my neighbors wants the pattern!! Great job! :)

Tandi said...

Looks like you've been busy! Is that Kureyon you're making the Booga bag out of? I love the colors in it. Kureyon is still one of my favorites.
And I love how the aran tote is looking in the dark wool! I'm sure it will turn out great.
I've never snapped an aluminum hook before! You must have seriously been in the zone!
Can't wait to see the FO's!