Thursday, November 17, 2005

Not-so-wintery Wonderland!

It's a freezing 80 here in Tempe today. . . and I wore a hoodie this morning! My mother would be so disappointed if she knew! Seriously though, John and I are convinced that our bodies are reprogramming themselves to this heat, and that we're going to suffer bigtime when we go home for the holidays!

In the spirit of the snow we're lacking, I crocheted a few snowflakes and ::gasp:: successfully stiffened them! It was surprisingly easy -- I mixed one part water with one part Elmer's glue, and presto! After lots of pinning, wax paper, and about 12 hours, my snowflakes are B-E-A-utiful! I'm thinking of working up a few more in my spare time (har har) to add to Christmas presents.

In other crafty news, I've run out of yarn on my pineapple shawl on the *last* row, and won't be able to get out for a while to get more -- funds are ultra low at the moment while we plan for gifts and things! Melissa's tote is almost finished, but I'm having trouble choosing a button. The one I picked up a few days ago isn't quite right, so I'm going out to return it this weekend sometime. I think I'll make John come along with me, because he has a surprisingly good eye for such things! I'm infecting him with my craftiness!

Oh, and I've begun work on a seraphina shawl for *someone*, so my 35 Squares are definitely going to be on hold for a bit! Thankfully, classes are over by December 5, so I'll have 12 days of uninterrupted crafting bliss until I head home to NY!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I can't wait to see everyone! Wait. . . can I wait just a few more weeks so I can get their presents finished first!?!?